Moving day is an exciting day for anybody. Packing all of your things, however, can be a hassle. To make the process easier and more efficient, your trusted moving company Around Town Movers recommends these moving tips:
1. Create a moving file. This includes your timeline of tasks, contact information, master packing list, and notes about your movers in Reston, VA.
2. Declutter drawers, closets, and cabinets. Don’t just throw the entire content of your drawer or closet in a box. This is an ideal time to look at the stuff that you really need and get rid of the things you don’t have to bring.
3. Designate a packing central where you’ll keep the packing materials, boxes, tape, scissors, and markers.
4. Always keep a master packing list with you. For each box, write a number on all sides, along with its contents. This way, you can find things easier once you’ve moved to your new home.
5. Keep your valuables close to you during moving day. Put all important documents and jewelries in one box and bring it with you.
6. Prepare for the moving day. While your apartment movers in Arlington, VA, transfer boxes from your home to the truck, you can pack essentials in your own car. These can include your moving file or master list, toiletries, first aid kit, snacks, and basic cleaning supplies.
7. Children can also pack their own bags with a few clothes, toiletries, and toys.
8. If you have pets, make sure they have collars or tags on them.
With these tips, you can ensure a hassle-free and memorable move for you and your family. Around Town Movers can help you make the move faster and more efficient. We are your trusted home, apartment, and office movers in Washington, DC. We provide moving equipment, such as padding, hand trucks, dollies, and walk boards, for your convenience. We also use control straps to keep valuables secure inside the truck.