Getting ready for a move can be challenging. While getting caught up arranging all your belongings, don’t forget to remember every minute detail of your moving plan and include important paperwork that you need to transport. As simple as it may sound, this task requires a lot of diligence and attention to detail.
What Documents Should You Gather Before Your Move?
- Personal – Make sure that you gather your family members’ birth certificates, passports, social security cards, driver’s licenses, marriage and birth certificates. Store them inside a small fireproof lockbox for safekeeping.
- Moving – When you sign a contract with your movers, they should provide you with documents covering items for the whole move. These include binding estimates, an inventory list and a moving guide. All of these documents ensure that everything you brought is still in place after the move.
- Financial – Like your personal documents, store your credit cards, bank statements and loan papers in a safe away from prying eyes.
- Property – Ensure that you don’t forget your land title, mortgage documents and insurance policies for both your old and new properties.
Why You Should Organize Important Documents Before Moving?
- Keeps Things Orderly:
Labeling and organizing important documents before a move will prove to be handy as they are all in one location so you won’t misplace them. Also, it grants you easy access to it since they are in an orderly fashion.
- Lets You Spend More Time on Your Move
Fixing everything for your move can be time-consuming. Organizing important documents early on allows you to spend more time on the moving process so that everything proceeds smoothly.
- Save Money:
Keeping your documents orderly can save you time and money in the future. Most importantly, this can come in handy when an emergency occurs. This makes it easier to access all your important documents, such as your insurance, car registration and personal documents.
For a stress-free relocation, trust your Around Town Movers, turn to us, We have an A-plus rating by the Better Business Bureau and have been in service for over 35 years! We serve Ashburn, Arlington, VA, and Maryland. Call us at (703) 682-5922 , or get a FREE moving quote here!